Compare with non-key columns

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anu123 »

rasi wrote:Hi Anu

If you are using hash file then the column name doesn't really matter. It is just a name you give to read or write. It is same like creating a sequential file and using it in your job. The field order in which you write to a hash file is how you read it back. You can give any name to the field but it will still bring you in the same order in which you wrote it.

Whereas for UV it is same like accessing your database table in which you have to say the right column name.

Try a simple job to create a hash file and another job to read that hash file with different column name or swap all your columns. The result will be same if you view the hash file in both the job.
Hi Siva,
Thanks for the detialed explanation.
I will check it.
Thank you,
Anu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

anu123 wrote:I could understand "access to the field number ". Could you please explain with an example..
If you have a Hashed File stage with an output link and you open the Columns grid on the output link properties page, you will find three columns in the grid called Position, Type and Assoc. These can specify navigation (the position of the field in the record), whether the field is single-valued or multi-valued and, if multi-valued, whether participating in an association of multi-valued fields.

I do not propose to answer questions on these terms; refer to online help, the DataStage manuals and/or the UniVerse manuals.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.