Help needed.....connection is broken 81002??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jzparad
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jzparad »

Is this due to network traffic by any chance?? B'cause sometimes it's working fine and if more than 5 developers trying to access it, it is throwing the 8102 error.
The user limit says 5.
Sounds very coincidental all the same!
Jim Paradies
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

True... but more than likely something else is going on. Corruption in the project or a resource issue, I would think.

The other thing to keep in mind is the licensing based on concurrent users per server not project.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
colorblue
Participant

Post by colorblue »

I would like to thank everybody for your suggestions.
If there is a corruption in the project, i will not be able to open the project. In my case, i will be able to open the project and run the jobs. I checked in the administrator, the user-limit says 5 and cpu count says 8, but as you said if i exceed the user-limit i'll be getting a different error and not 81002. :(
Only for the last 2 days i'm getting this 81002 error.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

colorblue wrote:If there is a corruption in the project, i will not be able to open the project.
No true. Not all forms of corruption would result in an inability to 'open' the project. Couldn't hurt to take a few minutes and check the integrity of the project. Search the forum for DS.REINDEX or for the use of the DS.TOOLS menu.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers