dsintbuf_getrow() - row has 71 columns when 6 expected

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yinyin61
Participant

dsintbuf_getrow() - row has 71 columns when 6 expected

Post by yinyin61 »

ray.wurlod wrote:The discrepancy is so large (71 against 6) that you've got to believe there's a bug in the buffering mechanism. Aileen, please report this through your support provider - it simply shouldn't work like this. That said, it was an interesting bit of detective work to eliminate all other possibilities.
Sigh* And after I thought turning off row buffer... the sequence passes the job where it usually fails... now it is failing in another... in which row buffer is also turned off... *Pulls hair* haha... oh well...

I have gone through the datastage documentation... and i am still trying to understand how active stages work... in terms of generating number of processes... I don't think IPC is applicable (Where by it is implemented between 2 active stages: In my case 2 aggregators) because IPC acts something like row buffer if I am not mistaken...?

I am regoing through the job design (Container pic as shown above)... seeing if I can change anything. At the same time I have notified ascential people...

Ohhh when will this end. =P Been stuck with this for far too long.

Thanks guys anyways.
Thank you.

Regards,
Aileen Chong
Software Engineer