Job aborts after 754K recs with Aggregator: %s

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi Ray,
Should I mention ASC or DSC in the "SORT" column or "SORT ORDER" column of the aggregator?
Thanks,
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hey Guys,
I go to the Input page in the Aggregator and select "Ascending" in the sort order column and when I go to next column the first selection disappears!!!
Is it how it works ?
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Sort column contains 1, 2, 3 and so on to indicate the order in which the columns are known to be sorted; this would correspond to the order of column references in an ORDER BY clause.

The Sort Order column has a drop down list from which you can choose Ascending or Descending as the order of sort.

As for disappearing specifications, you appear to have a bug in the client. Or perhaps you're not entering 1, 2, 3 in order. Having clicked OK (to save changes) and re-opening the Aggregator stage, do your specifications reappear? If not, notify the problem to your support provider.

Tip: To remove a "column is sorted" specification, put 0 in the Sort cell. An attempt to clear the cell will not work; you have to put 0 in there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:As for disappearing specifications, you appear to have a bug in the client. Or perhaps you're not entering 1, 2, 3 in order.
The latter, sorta. It happens when you put in a Sort Order and don't put in a Sort sequence number. Once you move off the row the gui removes the sort order since that field wasn't marked as 'sorted'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If I were the author of the stage, I would see that behaviour as an entirely reasonable approach.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As a user of that stage I see that behaviour as an entirely reasonable approach. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers