Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

If the Oracle install for the server also installs the client, then no (assuming the DS server and Oracle server are on the same linux machine). I was just trying to point out that your ability to connect to the Oracle server from your Windows Oracle client is irrelevant. The DS server is the client that needs to connect to Oracle. You need to make the connection to Oracle from the linux machine that is hosting the DS server.

Update: I just reread your last post. I think you might need to install the Oracle 9i client on your linux machine. I don't think the 10g client is supported yet.

Mike
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

As we have exhausted most of the options, you can try to load dsenv and bounce datastage instance to confirm that all the env parameters are loaded properly.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Mike wrote:I think you might need to install the Oracle 9i client on your linux machine. I don't think the 10g client is supported yet.
10g is supported in 7.5 (which the OP has) so that "shouldn't" be the problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

what does bounce of datastage means?

thanks in advance
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

"Bounce" means either reboot a server, shutdown software and restart its services, etc. "Bounce" like a ball, go down then come back up.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

One more point, DataStage is a 32-bit application by default and expects a 32-bit Oracle lib. Can you please confirm that Oracle is 32 bit and not 64 bit.

If 64, then point DS to a 32 bit client, load dsenv and bounce.
egosz
Participant

Post by egosz »

Hi Sainath

I have tried ot search for a directory callled lib32 at $ORACLE_HOME but couldn't find any. I am very much sure that all of the systems I am running (both Windows and Linux) are 32-bit.

Thanks everyone