unlocking jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

kduke wrote:The UNLOCK verb only exists in the UV account. You can copy it by creating a Q-pointer to the VOC in the UV account or you can LOGTO UV.
i have a situation where i copy the verb to the project but then sometimes it disappears again. Any ideas on what makes it disappear? i remember seeing a 'cleanup' button on earlier versions of DS, does this automatic cleanup these days have anything to do with the verb going on holiday?

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only an upgrade or an updating of the account would make anything disappear from VOC, other than an explicit DELETE command.

The project cleanup button (which has been removed from the Administrator client and from the DS.TOOLS menu) ought not to affect "Q" and "R" type entries in the VOC file.

I suspect you might be in a different project than the one in which you installed UNLOCK. If you run DS.TOOLS and perform an UNLOCK operation, even an unsuccessful one, you will find that UNLOCK has been installed in VOC.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

vsi wrote:Does it affect the working of Datastage if i clear the status of jobs? i guess i used option 11 and now not able to log in.
Clearing one job's status file, or even a few, will not block login. There is something else awry with your project. What message do you get when failing to log in?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.