Multi valued Column in Hash File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

I was successfully able to create a the hash file.

How do I create a dictionary entry to modify this hash file to be multivalued.

There were some sample in the forum for other changes to the dictionary but could not find any thing related to how to change a hash file multivalued
sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

sarjushah wrote:I was successfully able to create a the hash file.

How do I create a dictionary entry to modify this hash file to be multivalued.

There were some sample in the forum for other changes to the dictionary but could not find any thing related to how to change a hash file multivalued
Anyone?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Learn patience. Some of us have to earn a living. How are you creating your hashed file? That will affect how you define multi-valued columns. If you create the hashed file with CREATE TABLE then you use the keyword MULTIVALUED as part of the column definition syntax. If you use Hashed File stage you build the table definition first, or check the "supports multi-valued" check box which enables three extra properties, position, SM and Assoc. SM governs whether it's single- or multi-valued. Finally, you can edit the file dictionary directly using the line editor ED or the data entry/update tool REVISE in a TCL environment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

I Created it using the hash file stage.

But I did not see that option to make it multivalued, and I thought that was ok as per Ken's post , but he made a mentioned about later updating the dictionary.
As you mentioned in your post about using the ED command for updating the dictionary, a sample would be appreciated.

In the mean time I was able to create and Alter a universe tables using the create statement and alter statement, any pointers on how to define a hash file using the create table would be appreciated.

Thanks
sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

I Created it using the hash file stage.

But I did not see that option to make it multivalued, and I thought that was ok as per Ken's post , but he made a mentioned about later updating the dictionary.
As you mentioned in your post about using the ED command for updating the dictionary, a sample would be appreciated.

In the mean time I was able to create and Alter a universe tables using the create statement and alter statement, any pointers on how to define a hash file using the create table would be appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The option is in the table definition. You create the table definition in isolation, where the option for multi-valued columns exists. Then you load this into the Hashed File stage.

CREATE TABLE does create a hashed file. You don't need to do anything.

For instructions on using ED consult the UniVerse User Reference - I have no intention of reproducing manuals here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.