Permission Denied while executing DSSendMail

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Solution!

Post by chulett »

FYI - there is a solution for this issue from Ascential. They shipped me a 'patched' version of the DSSendMail.B module and I was able to send emails from 7.5 without having to run the job under the administrator id.

The eCase is 60747 if anyone else is having the problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
Thanks.
Yes, we also received the patch and ir works fine

Ketfos
jhensarling

Post by jhensarling »

I had the same problem on 7.5 in HP-UX. This topic really helped me direct Ascential support to send me the patch. Thanks for posting your findings.
chinek
Participant

Post by chinek »

chulett wrote:For what it's worth, Ascential Support was finally able to reproduce this problem in-house. If there is an actual resolution, I'll post it here as well. :wink:
Hi ,
Has anyone got a resolution for this one. I would like to see the script and the permissions on that script but it gets deleted each time.
I'm trying to debug why the sending of emails work intermittently in our environment. DS7.5 on Solaris 8.

Nick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure what you mean, Nick. The resolution was posted in the thread, and the generated script is supposed to be deleted after it runs in this version. :?

I could probably post the contents and permissions of the generated script tomorrow from the office, still being on the older version and all, if you really think that would help. Otherwise suggest you report your issue to Support, as it may be something they already are aware of.
-craig

chinek
Participant

Post by chinek »

oops, sorry didn't see the rest of the post.
I'll request the patch from Ascential then, but is there a way to see the script that was generated ?

Rgds
Nick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I forget exactly what we ended up doing as it was some time ago, but it involved editing the template that the script is generated from, from what I recall. You may be able to tweak it to echo out certain information or something you feel would help troubleshoot your issue, I would think.

I was under the impression that the problem and resolution was specific to HP-UX but it may be applicable to Solaris as well.
-craig