ds_ipcput - timeout waiting for mutex

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nisusmage wrote:I tried everything you guys said above. I couldn't get it to run.

So for windows, what I did was
1) copy the '.uvconfig' and 'uvconfig' to the bin directory
2) run 'uvregen'
3) copy '.uvconfig' back to the parent directory.
:? Where did anyone advise to move the uvconfig files around? I have no idea what the end result of that would be except you putting the old generated version back.

Forget about moving things. Make sure uvconfig is correct, shut down DataStage and then just issue the regen command. You should be fine then.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nisusmage »

That doesn't work:

I had to move both file to the bin directory.
I'm guessing that "Paths" aren't setup correctly.. but moving the files "uvconfig" and ".uvconfig" to the bin directory and running uvregen worked and I simply compied the files back and started the server up.

I did notice a change when I ran smat -t, but I'm sure if this did work correctly.
~The simpliest solutions are always the best~
~Trick is to understand the complexity to implement simplicity~
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If it worked we wouldn't be having this conversation. :wink:

What "doesn't work" about it? I'll have to defer the gory details to others more Windoze savvy - I could walk you thru a UNIX server but not when it's Windows, sorry.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Rather than moving files the correct approach is to be in the $DSHOME directory when you run the uvregen utility.

Code: Select all

cd $DSHOME
bin/uvregen
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.