Transaction Grouping

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

chulett wrote:
kcbland wrote:If you are doing a real-time solution using Datastage Server (unknown since you hijacked this post, friendly advice: I suggest you start new ones next time so we get your system/release information) then maybe you should look at the new RTI release.
Actually Ken, you must have missed this a few posts up:
EmmaP wrote:Thanks for the responses. Was using a colleagues logon when I originally posted whilst getting my login sorted out.
So, you can call off the Air Marshalls, there's no hijacking here. :wink:
Yep, missed that. Sorry. :oops: I have been away at Walt Disney World on vacation with my family, so I had 288 posts to read, and it required a lot of skimming. Still doesn't specify if DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, etc.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

EmmaP wrote:Thanks Ogmios, what strategy did you ultimately implement when you encountered this problem?
It depends. This would be called being creative to get around DataStage limitations.

It usually ended up landing the data either to file or to temporary database tables and then using full refreshes or using restart numbers (auto sequence columns) to be able to restart jobs. But it all depends on what you're trying to achieve.

We never got what you're now struggling with to work either on version 5.x or 6.x for 100%, and belief me we've tried :(

Ogmios