RPC Daemon is not running Datastage Version 6

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Anupam,

I believe you have gone about as far as you are going to go without getting Ascential TS involved. I think we can all give ideas regarding what the issue might be, but I think the time has come for you to get help from Ascential. These kinds of problems are sure to have been reported and solved by Ascential.

Regards,

Michael Hester
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:There's no way a tied socket can remain so through a UNIX re-boot!
Guess you've never worked on a Tru64 cluster, eh? :lol:
Have you read this thread?
Anupam, check out the thread which Ray links to. I was getting the same error yesterday and it boiled down to a problem with NIS. It was ignoring my local "/etc/services" file and hunting for it out in the wild somewhere. Once my SA tweaked things to keep the dsrpcd services local, I was back in business. I'd also suggest verifying that the entry for dsrpcd in the services file looks correctly formatted. If that doesn't help, definately get Ascential support on the line. Once my ticket was elevated up to Level 2 support they were able to help me out - or at least it seemed like they could have if I hadn't already solved it myself with help from folks here. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

chulett wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:There's no way a tied socket can remain so through a UNIX re-boot!
The OP is on Solaris, so I based my reply on this knowledge. :)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

chulett wrote:
Ohhhhh, don't you even start!

-T.J.

P.S. Woot! 2003!
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).