dsjob has status=0 even though job aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Of course you can, that's what the "-wait" is documented as doing. Your issue at first was the fact that the Sequence job always finished ok - now that it aborts, if what you want is the standard "0 else non-zero" rather than knowing exactly what happened then you just need to switch back to "-wait".

However, if you want "Finished (see log)" i.e. "finished with warnings" to be considered as "OK" then you'll need to stick with -jobstatus so you can tell the difference.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
davebert99
Participant

Post by davebert99 »

Whenever I used just the "-wait" I always got an exit code of zero - whether a job aborted or not. What I used "-jobstatus" or "-wait -jobstatus" then I get an exit code of 1 (OK), 2 (warning), or 3 (abort). Acceptable, but still not the more standard of 0 (OK), non-zero (not OK). No problem, I'll just program the script accordingly.

Thank you for you help. I appreciate it.
chulett wrote:Of course you can, that's what the "-wait" is documented as doing. Your issue at first was the fact that the Sequence job always finished ok - now that it aborts, if what you want is the standard "0 else non-zero" rather than knowing exactly what happened then you just need to switch back to "-wait".

However, if you want "Finished (see log)" i.e. "finished with warnings" to be considered as "OK" then you'll need to stick with -jobstatus so you can tell the difference.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just want to reiterate that you use "-wait" OR "-jobstatus" and not the two of them together. The "-jobstatus" option is what is getting you the 1,2,3 (etc) return codes and "-wait" gets you zero or none-zero return codes. It's important to understand that it's not about "jobs" or "a job" aborting, it's about the job you specified on the command line aborting - i.e. your Sequence job and not any of the jobs it runs in this specific case and that should give you a non-zero return code.

If it doesn't work like that, then there's a bug in your particular version.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers