Execute Unix commands in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

chulett wrote:Simply put your shell of choice in the command prompt, say "ksh", and then the complete command with whatever parameters you need in the parameter prompt.
chulett, thanks very much for your answer.

But I am afraid I am completely lost at this time (this could be cause by my very little acknowledge about UNIX).

In the Command Activity, in the Sequence, I do have two values:

Command (no parameters allowed here, so we direclty type the name of the command, in my case, something like this: script.sh)
Parameters: Here in entered two of the sequence parameters. But these two are the inputs expected by script.sh

How can I indicate the complete path where the script.sh file is? Adding, in first place, a new parameter in the Parameters value of Command Activity? Or how?

Once again, thanks very much and sorry for repeating the question
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If the path to the script can change from environment to environment, then yes it needs to be another Job Parameter that you then leverage in the stage:

Command: ksh
Parameter: #SCRIPT_PATH#/script.sh #SCRIPT_PARAM1# #SCRIPT_PARAM2#
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

chulett wrote:If the path to the script can change from environment to environment, then yes it needs to be another Job Parameter that you then leverage in the stage:

Command: ksh
Parameter: #SCRIPT_PATH#/script.sh #SCRIPT_PARAM1# #SCRIPT_PARAM2#
Now we are down, thanks very much!!!!!!!