Data Stage Report

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I still don't understand what point you are making.

The default report includes all the activities in a job sequence, and you can create a stylesheet to have them displayed as you wish when the generated XML is converted to an HTML document.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, but neither do I. I don't understand the conclusion you seem to be coming to at all, let alone in the light of the documentation you quoted. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod,chulett

My question at its old is that

Question:
Can we have any customization in the default(or other if chosen) XSL Stylesheet to get Job report for the Job Sequence and the Job Report for the Jobs, which are configured inside the Job Sequence, in the same Job Sequence Reporting folder. (such as - Job Sequence HTML Report, Job Sequence Design BMP file, <Job Report HTML Report, Job Design BMP file>,...)?
These statements indirect search for a possibility in any XSLT Stylesheet to sense the Job Name(inside Job Activity) and generate Job Reports individually for all Jobs configured to be run in a Job Sequence while generating the Job Report for Job Sequence alone.

Answer: The XLST stylesheet is used only to convert intermediate XML Report to HTML Report and any customization in default XLST Stylesheet will guarantee that the format of the HTML Report is in desired(customized) manner. The customization in the XLST Stylesheet can not give any solution for above scenerio because XLST Stylesheet can not be used to generate the individual Job Report for Jobs captured in the Job Activity but only format the content of HTML Report as we wish.

Now I feel better in explaining what I stated earlier. Any possiblity, please share.

Though they are, we can say a rare Yes for the above question because it may be possible by writing a Batch script which uses the command line Job Report utility for Job Sequence and a logic to find the Job Name(if any) in the retained XML Report of Job Sequence and use the command line Job Report utility to generate Job Report for all Jobs configured top be run in a Job Sequence, in the same folder.

Author(das_nirmalya)

The above question has been taking advantage of more of the recent posts in this thread. Your original(perhaps latest) question can be answered by search or a smart exploration on dsjob utility options.