How to find the path of the job?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"My job is stored in a FTP server say X.How to find the path of that particular job stored in FTP server?"

:? You really aren't making a whole lot of sense. Jobs are not 'stored in an FTP server'. Let's step back and start over again. Perhaps you could explain exactly what in the heck you are trying to accomplish again, but take a different tack. What does ftp or an 'ftp server' have to do with anything?

"I want to login to the ftp sever and check if the data files successfully loaded are not. For that i have to know the name of the output files being FTPed. Where and how can I find this parameter values?"

This is all perfectly reasonable. So the job(s) you are testing ftp information somewhere and you are trying to verify that they, in fact, did that correctly, yes? If so, there should be log entries visible from the Director with that information. If they are job parameters, then double-clicking on the job from the Status view in the Director will give you all of the parameters used in the most recent run, or you can do the same for the first log entry for any given run inside the Log view. That or open the job itself and get the ftp information from it if so some reason they are not parameters - target server, output path and file, etc. Then log on to that server and check the results. If this is still unclear, check with the job's developer and have them get you the information.

"Where to search for that output file name? In Log folder available in the testing server.Can u be clear"

"In testing server under the batch job there will be some sub folders. like hash,ftp,log etc...."

U's not here man. As noted, there's no 'Log folder under the batch job' if you mean inside the Project where the actual job is physically located, unless perhaps the job is coded to create that there. If so, that's a pretty poor choice. And the log Ray is talking about is the normal job log viewed via the Director.

I'd still suggest you contact the developer and ask your questions of them if you are still unclear how to get the information you need with the resources you have at hand.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then I suggest you look for files wherever they are documented by the developers as having been written.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.