Store procedure stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

y2ariyas wrote:how do i get Teradata in the Database vendor list?
If you read the STP stage guide, you will see that the vendor section can also be populated during run time by parametrizing it. I was trying to get SQL Server Stored proc. to work. But IBM got back telling us that sql server wont work. But that was in 7.5.1. You can try sending TeraData as a parameter and see what error message it gives.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DSguru2B wrote:
y2ariyas wrote:how do i get Teradata in the Database vendor list?
If you read the STP stage guide, you will see that the vendor section can also be populated during run time by parametrizing it.
:? That doesn't mean you can make up whatever you like as long as you pass it in as a parameter. It means you can pass in one of the valid values as a parameter so that (allegedly) you could change it for all your jobs simply by changing the value of the parameter. To another valid value, of course. :wink:

Easier said than done, however.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

True, but its worth a shot. But maybe your right. Nevermind my blabbering y2ariyas. :roll:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.