Deleting a file from DS on windows server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There are 'Tracing' parameters in multiple places in the FTP Stage from what I recall. Read the 'Property Help' for them so you understand how they work (additive - so to turn on option 1 and 4 you set it to 5) then bump them up from a zero to something else.

You'll get all kinds of information in the log that should help figure out what's going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
stivazzi
Participant

Post by stivazzi »

sorry....

telnet prompt 1 : file to delete
telnet reply 1 : del /folder/subfolder/filename (no C:/.... could this be a problem? hope no)

i forgot to write "del" in reply to topic, but it IS on ftp stage :)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What happened when you turned trace on? It should have showed you the problem.

'Telnet Prompt 1' you should set back to the default - it is your first logon prompt. Prompt 2 should be for the password. From memory, there should be a 'Telnet Command' box you put the complete 'delete' command in.

Also note that just because you have permissions to ftp something doesn't imply you have permissions to telnet into the box. You could always fall back on an ftp script that does the delete via ftp, I've done that several times in the past without issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
stivazzi
Participant

Post by stivazzi »

i think i don't have enough telnet privileges... i thought it had the same privileges both for ftp and for telnet...

how could i use pure ftp to delete?

should i use a .sh script and run it from execute command stage?
or is there a more safe method without writing clear passwords on .sh file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If they've blocked telnet try using SSH (port #22). You need a telnet client that supports this protocol; puTTY is an excellent one that can be downloaded from the internet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stivazzi
Participant

Post by stivazzi »

i use putty, but i need to delete through Datastage...