Is it possible to take the output of a select into variable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

If you are hardcoding everything including Hashed file name then you should include quotes for everything.

Code: Select all

UtilityHashLookup("XXX", "KeyValue", "1")
In between, how is your hashed file created? Pathed or in the Project? If pathed, did you create a pointer in VOC using SETFILE command?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You won't need a RoutineActivityStage in between your Jobs. Code:
JobActivity1->>JobActivity2

In your JobActivityStage2, for the last parameter, rightclick and choose DSTransform>>>sdk>>>Utility>>>UtilityHashLookUp and then pass the values in here.
Kris, I am on 7.5 and I cannot right click and do this. I think you are on 7.5.1A therefore you can get this formula. I need to do a routine activity. 7.1 could not do this at all. No matter how he gets it then this routine needs to be called.
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

By the way you will not add much to a project directory if you leave this hashed file in the project. It only has one record. Not a problem.
Mamu Kim
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

kduke wrote: Kris, I am on 7.5 and I cannot right click and do this. I think you are on 7.5.1A therefore you can get this formula. I need to do a routine activity. 7.1 could not do this at all. No matter how he gets it then this routine needs to be called.
I was on 7.5 Windows at my previous client site and I implemented this successfully. I am not sure why it is not working for you. :? The parameter needs to be of type string or integer or anything except filename or List. It worked for me.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Maybe it is the XP patch that takes it away.
Mamu Kim
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Where can I read about these routines? I can't find UtilityHashLookup anywhere in the documentation.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Not sure if these are documented but they should be in a folder called sdk\Utility. The source code is even included for most of these routines. Edit them and learn how to write routines. Great learning tool.
Mamu Kim