Connection Breaking many times

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkothana
Participant

Connection Breaking many times

Post by pkothana »

Hi,

I am facing severe problems with connection. The server is at remote location. Previously we had Version 6 and now we have migrated to Version 7. But now since last few days connection is breaking many a times.
On observing it closely, I found that whenever I click Cleanup Resources, connection breaks.
What is the cause of this problem? What can be the solution?

I need an Urgent help in this regard.

Appreciate your prompt help.

Thanks & Regards
Pinkesh
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
IMHO, you need Ascential's help.

Good Luck
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is any message being generated either on the client or the server?
Also, you should not need to be doing Cleanup Resources "many" times - there may be something wrong with the way that the upgrade was installed. Cleanup Resources really ought to be a tool of last resort.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Connection Breaking many times

Post by chulett »

pkothana wrote:On observing it closely, I found that whenever I click Cleanup Resources, connection breaks.
Reminds me of the old joke... "Doctor, it hurts when I do this". "Well, don't do that!" :D

Seriously, what is causing you to need to use 'Cleanup Resources' so many times a day? As Ray mentions, it is a Weapon of Last Resort. With the server in a remote location, I'd suspect some sort of network issue but it's hard to say without more information. More specific examples of the symptoms you are seeing would help troubleshoot this, I would think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers