Using the command stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wdudek
Participant

Using the command stage

Post by wdudek »

I am trying to copy files using the command stage, when Igo to compile this I get the message Invalid Data Type COMMAND.RTNCODE followed by the output link name. I have this going into an Oracle 9i stage, where I disregard the input stream altogather and execute a stored procedure that works on the files copied. Has anyone else experienced this type of error from the Command stage? and if so what can I do to avoid it. I tried deleting the return code output column and or changing the type but it keeps coming back.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Post the exact syntax you used. I think we need more information.
Mamu Kim
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
your problem is simple in fact!

get your CD, in there you'll find the command stage's import file that has the data types for the command stage.
you should find a pdf file for this stage it has the answers in detail.

unless you import them you can't use it.

IHTH
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
wdudek
Participant

Post by wdudek »

Thanks, once I was able to find the pdf on the cd it explained exactly what I needed to do and teh job will now compile.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I used to make it a habit to grab all the plug-in PDFs and install them on the client with the other DataStage manuals (or on a shared drive, depending on the installation).
Version 7.x now does that for me. :)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.