Manuals and Software

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krishnathai
Participant

Manuals and Software

Post by krishnathai »

Dear All,

i am looking for Datastage software(Evaluation Download)and Manual of the same, manuals required are Tranfermations guide and Designer Guide. please help with these links and soureces to get immediately.

Thanks in Advance.

TM
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Contact your next local Ascential Office. A list you get on:
www.ascentialsoftware.com

Wolfgang
krishnathai
Participant

Manual And Download

Post by krishnathai »

WoMaWil wrote:Contact your next local Ascential Office. A list you get on:
www.ascentialsoftware.com

Wolfgang
But there is no local Ascential Office in India, please recommend us how to go for this. i am really in need of this. :roll:

looking forward for your possitive reply
TM
1stpoint
Participant

Irked

Post by 1stpoint »

Buy the software, and more importantly the training.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

As of today, there is no developer program like the one Informatica has. Unless you have about $500K for an enterprise license, the likelyhood of you learning all of the enteprise suite on your own is zero.

Now, Ascential Developer Network is rumored to be something in the works, but there are no published specifications for what that is and what you get.

So, if you want to learn DataStage on your own, you're going to have to find work with an existing customer, pay to attend training, or get hired by Ascential. :wink:
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Teej
Participant

Re: Manual And Download

Post by Teej »

krishnathai wrote:But there is no local Ascential Office in India
That REALLY is quite a surprise to me. Hey Ray, is this true?

According to the website, this is the person you need to contact:

janelim@ascentialsoftware.com

As for the DevNet, I've heard the same rumbling, but... *shrugs*

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Jane works out of Singapore, but does cover India. Peter Zeglis recently came on board for Ascential to manage education and professional services in Asia-Pacific; he is based in Sydney but, like all of us, is on the road a lot. He was in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, for example. I posted earlier that he has now gotten three trainers in India; contact Peter on peter.zeglis@ascentialsoftware.com for more information.
I believe it is true that Ascential does not have an office in India, however there are at least three partner/reseller companies (I've worked with two of them).
There is no such animal as an evaluation version of DataStage. If you can convince Ascential that there's at least an even chance of purchase, they will sometimes provide a full licence, but of limited duration (usually 30 days). I must add that this is my personal observation, and cannot be construed as official Ascential Software Corporation policy. So don't even attempt "Ray said that you would..."!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.