Sql*Loader option PRESERVE BLANKS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AGStafford
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by AGStafford »

One option is to have DS create the CTL file once. Change it manually then use that version in the future. Ignore the one created by the job in the future.
powerinmind2
Participant

SQL*LOADER

Post by powerinmind2 »

AGStafford wrote:One option is to have DS create the CTL file once. Change it manually then use that version in the future. Ignore the one created by the job in the future.
Hi,
thanks for your solution, but this isn't good for me. Also, i think that Datastage have a very big problem!!!
Is not possible that DS cannot create CTL file with ALL Oracle option!!! DS isn't completely compatible with Oracle!!! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!
I think that Ascential should create a patch for this problems!!! Absolutely!!! :cry: :cry:

Massimiliano
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which version of the ORABULK stage are you using? Actually it won't matter very much, all versions are very old, and not written to the DataStage plug-in API. In fact the first version was written in DataStage BASIC - may still be (I haven't checked lately).
It probably is due for an overhaul; Ascential will require you to make a business case if you want them to do it ("it's not actually broken so it doesn't need to be fixed"). You could always write your own.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I don't have DS available in this station, but I had something similar with Sybase control file a while back.

did you check if there is an option to add user commands in the file generated?
(in one of the stage options somewhere)

that solved my issue then.

IHTH
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
powerinmind2
Participant

Post by powerinmind2 »

roy wrote:Hi,
I don't have DS available in this station, but I had something similar with Sybase control file a while back.

did you check if there is an option to add user commands in the file generated?
(in one of the stage options somewhere)

that solved my issue then.

IHTH
Hi Roy,
i have checked the option possible into user commands but there isn't nothing for solve this problem!!!! :cry:
I think very seriously that i have found a BIG hole into Datastage! It isn't 100% Oracle compatible!! :cry: :cry:

Massimiliano
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

powerinmind2 wrote:i have checked the option possible into user commands but there isn't nothing for solve this problem!!!! :cry:
I think very seriously that i have found a BIG hole into Datastage! It isn't 100% Oracle compatible!! :cry: :cry:
I think you are looking at this backward.

Oracle is non-standard in the way they handle data.

Now I need to ask you this: Are you talking about the Parallel version of Oracle stage, or the Server version of ORABULK?

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).