DS server on UNIX documentation request

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jungle
Participant

DS server on UNIX documentation request

Post by jungle »

Hi!
First of all i have to apologize for the improper use i do of the forum with that post.

I write to ask you to kindly send me a detailed documentation of the DataStage server on UNIX for administrators.

My email address is: rinaldi.rinaldo@libero.it

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you'll give.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Errr... comes with the product. Detailed pdf documentation installs with the client and the server cdrom has the pdf documentation for the plugin stages.

Or, if you really want hard copy manuals I'm pretty sure you can order them from Ascential (you could in the past), not sure if they would still have them for 5.x, however...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jungle
Participant

Post by jungle »

I'm just a consultant.
I don't have the server software and, the same way, i don't have any documentation.

The problem is i'm very often addresses or involved in solving server side issues.
Anyway, thank you
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

You could ask your client to submit those documentation to you. You can also ask Ascential to sell those documentation to you.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm "just a consultant" right now, too - but I don't really see that as a barrier to getting (or having access to) the documentation. :)

First there is the (rather extensive) online help. I print key pages of things I like to refer to and keep them together.

There is also the fact that any machine you have access to with the Client installed has (unless it has been removed for some reason) a full set of .pdf documentation installed on it as well. Look under your "Ascential/DataStage" folder for the "Docs" folder - they are all there.

Ask whomever at your client has the server cdrom to zip up and forward you all of the plugin docs. Alot of what is in there is in the online help as well, but it's nice to go thru the pdf for any stage you are using for the first time.

At worst case, contact Ascential and buy a set. Might not be a bad investment.

HTH...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers