listen failed, get service by name bombed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anupam
Participant

listen failed, get service by name bombed

Post by anupam »

Hi All,

I have installed DataStage Version 6 on solaris. The log file is not showing any error. I am getting this error when trying to connect to server - "The connection was refused or the RPC Daemon is not running". I checked out and found that dsrpc is running. The problem which i pointed out is that it is unable to get the service name.

The dsrpc - 31538/tcp entry is there in /etc/services. I have rebooted the Server after sucessful installation. And also brought down the DSEngine and then brought up.

I am getting this Error in dsrpcd.log when i executed "nohup bin/dsrpcd -d9 > /tmp/dsrpcd.log 2>&1 &" :

RPCPID=2259 - 18:08:23 - uvrpc_debugflag=9 (Debugging level)
RPCPID=2259 - 18:08:23 - In rpc_init()
RPCPID=2259 - 18:08:23 - get service by name bombed errno=0
RPCPID=2259 - 18:08:23 - listen failed

Please help me out.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Tell your network administrator person that there is a problem with "get service by name". He/she will understand and should be able to fix it.
It's not a DataStage issue. It's to do with being able to find a service, by name, when a request for that service arrives. That there's an entry in the /etc/services file means that you've done all you can.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anupam
Participant

Post by anupam »

I have all the rights, I have checked the entries.

I need some suggestions.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The least technical fix is re-boot the Solaris machine.
This will guarantee that all ports are cleared.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your best suggestion has already been given - throw this back to an Administrator, either Network or System. If you've verified that everything is setup correctly DataStage and /etc/services wise then your fate is in their hands.

I recently (and rather suddenly) encountered this exact same error. No amount of futzing on my part was going to fix it. My admin, once I tracked him down and got him on the phone for a minute, figured out what was wrong and fixed it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers