dsjob TIMEZONE problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ogmios
Participant

dsjob TIMEZONE problem

Post by ogmios »

Has anyone noticed the following problem (and fixed it):

The UNIX server uses "winter time". The following 3 points are done with the same user id:

- When I ask the time of the system with the UNIX command "date" I get the correct time.
- When I look in Director all of the times are correct: I start e.g. a job at 13:00 and in the log I see the starting time as 13:00.
- When I do a dsjob -jobinfo ... of the same job and same run I get that it executed at 12:00.

So the times in DataStage are correct, but dsjob fails to use the correct timezone. I can correct the time shown in dsjob while parsing its output in perl and take into account winter time settings, but this seems a bit awkward.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,
Ogmios
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ogmios

I think we are all in the correct timezone so we have not had this problem.

No really, the times should be coming from your server. I would think your server may not know the correct timezone. You can also change your timezone in your .profile which could be set wrong. I would also check dsenv file. You may want to call support or maybe Hester can look it up. It maybe specific to your OS. I have never seen this issue before.
Mamu Kim
Teej
Participant

Re: dsjob TIMEZONE problem

Post by Teej »

This is a known issue with dsjob.

It is set as e-case #19322 with Ascential Support.

It is fixed for 6.0.1 onward. I just verified the fix.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).