Wierd problem with connection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkothana
Participant

Wierd problem with connection

Post by pkothana »

Hi,
I'm facing a strage problem.
As soon as I go to Job ->Cleanup Resources in Director, my connection in designer breaks.
I've tried this many a times today. My job is in Aborted state. When I try to compile it, it says Unable to write to RT_CONFIGxxx file and fails to compile.
When I do Clear Status file, then also it shows job in Aborted state.

Pls let me know, why is connection breaking down when I click Open Clean up Resources? Also, how to compile that job?

Thanks & Regards
Pinkesh
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Your RT_CONFIGxxx file is hosed. It somehow got corrupted. You should export your job immediately. Then, import the job in another project to make sure it gets in correctly. If so, then import the job into the project where it's corrupted. You'll probably get messages again about the RT_CONFIGxxx file can't be deleted or whatever. You can ignore those. What counts is that the job is back in place in a clean state.

Sometimes, the underyling supporting hash files every job has (config, status, log, etc) get corrupted. It's always good to have recent exports during development, in case you accidently corrupt the main job design hash file (DS_JOBOBJECTS).
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
pkothana
Participant

Post by pkothana »

Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot.

Pls let me know the reason for connection break. Actually, all my developers are losing connection because of this and hence are not able to work at their best.

Regards
Pinkesh
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Any chance your project filesystem is out of space?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle