Could not load dssybdbl.so

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jungle
Participant

Could not load dssybdbl.so

Post by jungle »

Hi all,
I hope someone of you will be so kind to help me in solving the problem with the DataStage server I'm experiencing.

We are using for the first time the BCPLOAD plugin for connections to Sql Server RDBMS.
When the interface runs it stops when it ecounters the BCPLOAD plugin, loggin that message: "Could not load dssybdbl.so"
I made a quik check: that file (/app/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/dssybdbl.so ) exists and permessions on it are good.

Can someone help me to troubleshoot that issue?
Thanks a lot in advance
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

If I remember correctly you can load to sqlserver from a unix client only via ODBC(I believe it's mentioned in the documentations). However If I'm wrong then the problem lies in the environment like the sqlserver/sybase client shared library is missing or it's LIBPATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH is missing from the dsenv
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 5 there's a relink.uvlibs step that has to be carried out. Don't have the details with me, but it's in the server installation instructions and in the ODBC driver documentation. It makes sure that the hidden file (it's actually a symbolic link) /.uvlibs points to the right place.
That was all from memory, so please forgive any mis-remembered file names, etc. :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jungle
Participant

Post by jungle »

Thanks guys, now everything works, but thanks to you and the ODBC plugin.

I have just one more question to do: "where i can find a fully, detailed, documentation of DataStage Server?"
Don't ask me why i still haven't it, but only where i can get it, if you please.
In case you'll like to send me some white papers, here you are my email address: rinaldi.rinaldo@libero.it

Thanks again,
by byte! :D