How to Line up the Grouping in Aggregator Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asvictor
Participant

How to Line up the Grouping in Aggregator Stage

Post by asvictor »

Hi,

I have a requirement to group on more than one field. Say for example I need to group on ID_INTERNAL then CD_FORM, YEAR_OF_ASSESSMENT.

How to I prioritise them? My first grouping should be on ID_INTERNAL and then CD_FORM and finally YEAR_OF_ASSESSMENT. Is there any way to line up the Grouping?

Cheers
Victor Auxilium
peterbaun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peterbaun »

Hi Victor,

Why do you need to prioritize them ? The result will be the same no matter the grouping order.

If the input stream is sorted then just specify this by entering the sort-order for each of the fields ID_INTERNAL is 1, CD_FORM is 2 and YEAR_OF_ASSESSMENT is 3 (sorry if this was trivial).

Regards
Peter
Regards
Peter Baun
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can move rows up and down in the Columns grid. It's tricky to do until you learn it.
  • Select the Column Name cell in the row you want to move. Do NOT select the entire row.
    Release the mouse button.
    Now, using the left mouse button, drag the column name cell to its new location - the mouse pointer will change to a horizontal arrow if you've picked it up correctly.
If you can't do that in the Aggregator stage, try doing it on the Columns grid in the stage that precedes the Aggregator stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.