API Question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zam62
Participant

API Question

Post by zam62 »

I am interested in running the same job to update multiple tables at the same time. I would like to use the "Multiple Instances on Server" functionality.

We have a bunch of parameters to set and three years worth of daily information to update and we need it done(of course) by tomorrow:).

All that being said, can I use the DSRunJob and DSWaitforJob api functions to handle multiplpe jobs at once or are they only used for a single job at a time?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Zam

I think the only change is job name is job.invocationId.

Kim.
Mamu Kim
zam62
Participant

Post by zam62 »

kduke wrote:Zam

I think the only change is job name is job.invocationId.

Kim.
Can I pass Multiple Job Names to DSRunJob and DSWaitforJob?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Zam

You have to do them one at a time but you can create a batch job to run several jobs at the same time or one at a time. Do a search for batch job. All a batch job does is run jobs. It has no stages. All it has is code. If you create a job then got to the code section under job properties. It will have a drop down list of jobs. Pick one and it will add all the code to start this job. If you add a second job then move the WaitForJob lines to the end then these jobs will run at the same time.

Kim.
Mamu Kim