Error 40908

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkothana
Participant

Error 40908

Post by pkothana »

Hi All,
I'm getting a compilation error while compiling a job. It was working fine till yesterday. But now it is giving an error "Error Writing to RT_CONFIG143". On "Show Error" it gives the following message:
"(40908) A request for an object with NULL ID was made."
Could anybody tell me why this is happening and how this can be solved.
I tried all the options available as Clear Status File, Cleanup resources.

Thanks & Regards
Pinkesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This looks very much like you've discovered a problem in the job compiler in that either you've managed to create a component with a NULL identifier, or that the call to the process to update the RT_CONFIG143 file (in which run-time configuration is stored) has failed to set a value for the RecordID property.
You will, in either case, need to take this one up with your support provider.
Another, less likely, possibility is that the RT_CONFIG143 file, or one of its indexes, has become corrupted somehow. In this case, though, I would have expected a different error message.
Have you tried "Cleanup Project" from the Adminsitrator client? This option rebuilds the indexes in the Repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
1stpoint
Participant

Check your filesystem

Post by 1stpoint »

Check to see if your filesystem is full.
(telnet into Administrator or go to the project directory).

do a df -k .
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

I'm getting a compilation error while compiling a job. It was working fine till yesterday
Did you make any changes to job like adding more stages? If you did, save the job as something else and remove the stages you added and recompile. If this works then it may be a bug that was reported way back in version 3.1 and fixed and I would contact Ascential support to report it.

Regards,

Michael Hester
Creo
Participant

Post by Creo »

Speaking for my own, compiling a PX job is sometimes a gambling experience :D

No really, I used to have weird errors (PX v6.0) and just had to recompile another time for everything to go back to normal. We never really got to fix the problem with Ascential as we could go around it and didn't have time to deal with it then.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

Creo wrote:Speaking for my own, compiling a PX job is sometimes a gambling experience :D

No really, I used to have weird errors (PX v6.0) and just had to recompile another time for everything to go back to normal. We never really got to fix the problem with Ascential as we could go around it and didn't have time to deal with it then.
We do have the option for "Force Compile" for DataStage to force it to completely recompile the OSH code. Sometimes when you make changes, DataStage's attempt to optimize the compile process would not work. "Force Compile" would always make a clean OSH code every time.

-T.J.

P.S. OSH = Orchestrate - the engine running PX.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).