Routine not cataloged - what does this mean?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Routine not cataloged - what does this mean?

Post by raju_chvr »

ILArchives..JobControl (@FAILED2): Controller problem: BASIC routine is not cataloged: DSU.ForceFail

the above is the error DS throwing when I am tried to execute a Sequencer which also has a routine named 'ForceFail' to kill the sequencers forcibly in the event of an error in any of the jobs/sequencers.

Please let me know how do I proceed for this error?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The "DSU" prefix indicates that ForceFail is a user-written routine of some kind. The error "not cataloged" usually indicates that the routine has not successfully been compiled.

The process of compiling a server Routine also causes an entry to be placed in the "catalog" (actually the VOC file) containing the location of the executable code and, possibly, other information about its mode of execution. If compilation is unsuccessful, the cataloging step does not occur.

Another possibility is mis-spelling or mis-casing. Routine names, like most other things in DataStage (server) are case sensitive. Is the actual name of the Routine "Forcefail"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajendran77
Participant

Post by rajendran77 »

I am facing the same Error through i have compiled with out warning.

Error:

After-job routine returned error: Error variable unassigned on return from AFTER routine DSU.SetFileDelete

SetFileDelete -> Rounie Name

calling this in after job routine to delete a file. Please advice me..
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Find the routine and recompile. If this doesn't work, import it again.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle