any Vality feedback?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mfortuna
Participant

any Vality feedback?

Post by mfortuna »

sorry if this is posted to the wrong group - just new to DSXchange. Has anyone had any experiences post Vality Merger ?

I am at a client who may need to buy more product, but I am not sure what the product relationship is with the ETL.

Thanks

mike
Michael Fortuna
Solutions Architect
mobile: 781.316-5718
mailto: michaelfortuna696@hotmail.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In Australia it seems to have led to an increased awareness of what INTEGRITY can do (or maybe this is an artifact of the Ascential sales folks having something else to sell!). Whatever, the case, I am about to present the third INTEGRITY class in six weeks here! :wink:
(This has not yet been updated to 7.x, so the name Quality Stage hasn't quite crept in yet.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I've been involved with a team using DataStage and QualityStage to clean up addresses. The integration between these two products is good, DataStage can pass a row of data to a QualityStage job and read the output back from that job. This processing can happen at the transaction level and has good processing speed.

DataStage was very flexible at reading source files, breaking the data down into fixed width format and feeding it to QualityStage. This reduced the work load on the QualityStage jobs and let them concentrate on running rules. DataStage was then used to take the QualityStage output and output this clean data, either to mail houses or back to source systems or to reports.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Apparently in version 7 you don't even need the fixed width format; the metadata from the DataStage job can inform Quality Stage about where to find the data. Not sure how you'd manage the redefines in this case, will get to play more with it one day!
Vincent, contact Stewart in the Ascential office, who's had a good play with it already.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I've been bugging Stewart and Ascential tech support getting some of our connectivity issues sorted out. Most things are running well now. I haven't found anything in QualityStage 7.0 that suggests it supports delimited files. When I create a new file definition the options are "Variable Length Terminated", "Fixed Length Terminated", "Fixed Length Unterminated" and "Fixed Byte Length". There are no delimited options.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's true as far as it goes, but you can introduce a FFC into the mix. The point about Quality Stage is that it lets you do all this without touching down on disk, and in the PX environment, both of which are cool. 8)