parellel job-multiple instances

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandhya
Participant

Post by sandhya »

Hai,
How can i run multiple instances of a parellel job. couldn't find allow multiple instance option. where can i set this?

Regards,
sandhya
bigpoppa
Participant

Post by bigpoppa »

It's a job property, I believe. Click on the bright yellow icon with little black squares in it, and 'Allow Multiple Instances' should be an checkbox on the popup Job Properties dialogue box.

- BP
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Multi-instance is relevant only to server jobs.
Parallel jobs' multiple instancing is automatic based directly on the configuration file (and the processing resources specified therein).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bigpoppa
Participant

Post by bigpoppa »

Actually, once I tried to run the same PX job twice from one sequencer, and it just wouldn't work. I had to click on the 'Allow multiple instances' checkbox to run the many instances of the same PX job from one sequencer in 6x. This might have changed for 7x.

- BP
sandhya
Participant

Post by sandhya »

couldn't find allow multiple instances check box in properties page--general tab for parallel job. so when called from sequencer job activity invocationid expression is not available. how to set in configuration file or to make the check box available what to be done. version 6 and SMP environment

Regards,
sandhya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:arrow: In a server job open the Job Properties window. You can do this in Designer or Manager. On the General tab is a check box labelled Allow Multiple Instance. Check this, then the invocation ID expression will become enabled for that job once it has been re-compiled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sandhya
Participant

Post by sandhya »

should i add parallel job in job control of server job and then go for multiple instances :?: