ODBC Issue???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

ODBC Issue???

Post by JDionne »

I can not see my odbc connection in designer but I can see them in Manager.

I got a previous reply as follows
kduke wrote:Jim

You should open a new topic on this but ODBC shows up when you import metadata. Only the DSNs which you have imported metadata show up. You should see all the DSNs when try to import.

Kim.
Im not sure what you mean Kim. Can you explane?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jim

Have you imported metadata from any DSN yet? If not then in Designer right click on Table Definitions and import a table from a DSN. Afterwards that DSN will show up in the drop down list for Data Source Names in an ODBC stage.

Kim.
Mamu Kim
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

Have you imported metadata from any DSN yet? If not then in Designer right click on Table Definitions and import a table from a DSN. Afterwards that DSN will show up in the drop down list for Data Source Names in an ODBC stage.

Kim.
All of my tables have been imported through manager...do I haev to do it in designer for designer to see them?
Jim
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

JDionne wrote:

Kim.
All of my tables have been imported through manager...do I haev to do it in designer for designer to see them?
Jim
AGGGG!!!!!! what kind of nonsense is that...A tool that specializes in metadata that cant share it within its own tool sets!!!!!!
After i imported a table like you said it showed up just fine. Thanx
Jim
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

Jim, You did O.K Importing using the Manager , however you probably saved it under a category that's not ODBC. What happens is that when browsing for a DSN in an ODBC stage the designer will look under the ODBC category to find a DSN that was imported already ! There isn't any other place it can look for a known DSN ! You can allways type it in manually (It'll work fine) Or better use a parameter for the DSN - it's the best practice.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may be even simpler than that. :)

If you already had Designer open, its view of what's in the Repository was as at the last time it was accessed, opened or refreshed. It may be sufficient just to choose Refresh from the View menu in Designer (or its shortcut key, Ctrl-R).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

ray.wurlod wrote:It may be even simpler than that. :)

If you already had Designer open, its view of what's in the Repository was as at the last time it was accessed, opened or refreshed. It may be sufficient just to choose Refresh from the View menu in Designer (or its shortcut key, Ctrl-R).
I actualy had shut down all of my client apps and reopened them...still didnt have what I needed. Only after putting the table in the odbc section did I get the connections.....:(