Show mapped drives???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

Show mapped drives???

Post by JDionne »

On my ds server I have maped a few drives...but when I am in designer I cant see them....any reason why?
Jim
Teej
Participant

Re: Show mapped drives???

Post by Teej »

JDionne wrote:On my ds server I have maped a few drives...but when I am in designer I cant see them....any reason why?
Jim
I am not sure if it's the same problem as we saw with UNIX, but on UNIX, we have had problems accessing linked drives. Mapping drives follows the same concept, so you probably have the same problem.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

Teej wrote:
JDionne wrote:On my ds server I have maped a few drives...but when I am in designer I cant see them....any reason why?
Jim
I am not sure if it's the same problem as we saw with UNIX, but on UNIX, we have had problems accessing linked drives. Mapping drives follows the same concept, so you probably have the same problem.

-T.J.
ok i concure......how did you fix it?
jim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jim

What do you mean "see"? I have written to mapped drives with DataStage in UNIX. I have not tried to see them in the Designer when it asks for a filename. I woild imagine there are a couple things keeping you from using these drives or filesystems. First the drives where not enabled when DataStage started. Second the drives are not available to phantoms. DataStage processes run as phantoms in the background. This means all the drives need to be global to all users.

I tried Windows and your right I could not use a shared drive.

Kim.
Mamu Kim
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

kduke wrote:Jim

What do you mean "see"? I have written to mapped drives with DataStage in UNIX. I have not tried to see them in the Designer when it asks for a filename. I woild imagine there are a couple things keeping you from using these drives or filesystems. First the drives where not enabled when DataStage started. Second the drives are not available to phantoms. DataStage processes run as phantoms in the background. This means all the drives need to be global to all users.

I tried Windows and your right I could not use a shared drive.

Kim.

You are correct in what I am trying to do...but the thing is that at one point i was able to see the mapped drive through designer...and now it just dosent do it. I have to use servername\share references now. Im just wonderin if maybe I do haev a security issue

Jim
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

This should do it:
1. log into the Windows server as a certain user
2. map the drive with the same user
3. login to DataStage from the client with the same user
Jim
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

JDionne wrote:
Teej wrote:
Jim

-T.J.
ok i concure......how did you fix it?
jim
It is a known issue with DataStage and should be addressed with Version 7.0.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to test that fix yet. Perhaps someone else on this forum could verify this for us.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
JDionne
Participant

ODBC Issue???

Post by JDionne »

How about odbc connections...I cant see any of my connections in designer but i can see them all in manager??????
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jim

You should open a new topic on this but ODBC shows up when you import metadata. Only the DSNs which you have imported metadata show up. You should see all the DSNs when try to import.

Kim.
Mamu Kim