Migrate From one server to another

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

Migrate From one server to another

Post by JDionne »

I am trying to migrate my jobs from one server to another, having both DataStage servers on the same version. The only difference is that I enableled NLS on the new server. How do I move the jobs and enable the NLS on them?

Jim
Peytot
Participant

Re: Migrate From one server to another

Post by Peytot »

Hi,
For the migration, Go to the Manager. In the toolsbars, choose Export and select what you need. In your other server, Choose Import.
For the NLS Option, I think, you need to install this option in checking the option NLS on your Cd. I don't think that you have another possibility.

Pey
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Pey,

Take into account that Datastage will not let you migrate from one NLS system to the other but you can trick him by editing the NLS statment in the DSX - the NLS in in the top of the dsx file.
If you have any special chars in the 'old' system take into account that they can be dameged in the 'new' system for example some letters can become question marks. The damege is to the metadata (derivstions, constraints, annotations ) and not to the data itself .

Another option you got is to create an empty projects in your new machine, shut down datastage and then copy the file system files from the old server to the new. restart datastage. If you can not see any jobs execute cleanup from the administrator (re-indexing the tables).

Amos
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

I think you are right, but because I am going from a system without NLS to a system with NLS I think I will be ok. The process you described worked well. Thanx for the help
Jim
Amos.Rosmarin wrote:Pey,

Take into account that Datastage will not let you migrate from one NLS system to the other but you can trick him by editing the NLS statment in the DSX - the NLS in in the top of the dsx file.
If you have any special chars in the 'old' system take into account that they can be dameged in the 'new' system for example some letters can become question marks. The damege is to the metadata (derivstions, constraints, annotations ) and not to the data itself .

Another option you got is to create an empty projects in your new machine, shut down datastage and then copy the file system files from the old server to the new. restart datastage. If you can not see any jobs execute cleanup from the administrator (re-indexing the tables).

Amos