DS unable to compile Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SimonB
Participant

DS unable to compile Job

Post by SimonB »

Hi
Has anyone encountered the error message:
"Failed to save intermediate results" when compiling a job? It appears that this is a critical error that prevents any further saves/compiles against the mapping.
The only way around we can find is to copy the mapping, delete the original and rename the copy...not ideal [:(]
Is this a corruption of the underlying database? Any ideas on how to avoid it?
Many thanks
Simon
Optico
Participant

Post by Optico »

Hi Simon,

I haven't seen the exact message you describe, but with a client I worked with recently (on 5.1) I sometimes got an error message stating that maybe Datastage wasn't set up correctly. One way to get around the error was to delete the 'offending' stage and redo it as an exact match and the job would compile.

Likewise we experienced quite a few job aborts when the jobs were about to create a hashfile. Not any particular pattern. Other jobs with hashfiles might run perfectly OK or they might also abort. Our solution to that problem was to reboot the Datastage server. Stopping and starting the services did not do the trick.

Maybe you've just run into something like our problems ?

B. Sorensen,
Optico IT ApS