job abort

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

calvinlo
Participant

job abort

Post by calvinlo »

hi all,

i would like to know how can i set the default number of warnings that leads to job abort (just like we do in director)? I like to make the job abort once a warning occurs so that the transaction could be rolled back.

Thanks,
Cal
Optico
Participant

Post by Optico »

Hi Cal,

Every time a job is started you can tell it how many warnings to accept before aborting.

That is true wether the job is started manually in the director or under some sort of job control.

You can call the DSSetJobLimit(JobHandle, DSJ.LIMITWARN, 1) before the DSRunJob. Then your job will abort after the first warning.

I haven't found anything in the documentation or elsewhere that suggests that you can set a LIMITWARN to 1 as default. [:(]

I hope this helps.

B. Sorensen,
Optico IT ApS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can set defaults in the Director (Tools > Options). These defaults are honoured by subsequent dsjob -run invocations.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
Optico
Participant

Post by Optico »

Thanks for that bit of info Ray.

Do you know if that works on a per user basis, per license basis or per server basis ?

Ben,
Optico IT ApS
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

Hunh? If I change the default to NO Limit for warnings at the project level in Director, it becomes the default when jobs are subsequently run from dsjob? How can this be?
Also it appears to be a persistent setting on each client machine because I see it one way on all jobs in a given project from a given client machine but I see it the other way when viewed from Director on another client. Furthermore, I see it one way from Director and the other way when viewed from the run button in Designer!
I'm lost. Can you explain?
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

Here are the answers;
1. Changing Director defaults changes that Client's Director sessions for that and all future sessions from that PC.
2. Running from Designer must have it's limits set every time. It defaults to NO Limits.
3. Running from dsjob defaults to the out of the box default of 50. Only way to change is with the -warn parameter.
m1kebaker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by m1kebaker »

A previous posts suggests...
You can call the DSSetJobLimit(JobHandle, DSJ.LIMITWARN, 1) before the DSRunJob. Then your job will abort after the first warning.
I have been inserting DSSetJobLimit for years into controlling 'batch' job scripts. But am unable to find the place to insert it into 'Sequencer' controlling jobs.

How is this implemented in 'Sequencer' controlling jobs?

Thanks

Mike