DataStage, Universe and TCL (2)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

Kim:

I did not remove anything, yet.

My first step is to be sure that I'm retrieving the correct values from the Universe tables (or files).

The second step is to use my routine, which gets the status for a given job, with name and invocation id. I built this routine with the help of this forum. If you want, I can share the code, but there should be in another topic.

And finally, when I am sure that I'm retrieving the correct values for all jobs, and I checked the status for each one, I will delete rows from tables.

But till the moment, I am trying to retrieve from Universe tables the values as you posted in your code. But it is not working by now.

Do you know why ?

Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Guillermo

You do not need ";" at the end of each line. I would have to look it up but I think DSLogInfo has JobName and log_meesage as its arguments like DSLogInfo(JobName, JobName:" has ":id:" as invocation id"). It looks like the JobName record has the invocation ids in it. Was it really in field 10? You need to get the field number right.

Kim.

Kim Duke
DsWebMon - Monitor over the web
www.Duke-Consulting.com
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

Kim:

In order to say the truth, it looks like the field invocation id it is not in the RT_CONFIGnnn table. I displayed the entire read record from the table, and it did not appear.

May be it is in another table, isn't it ?

Thanks for your collaboration, and have a nice weekend [:)].

Bye.

Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Guillermo

You know if you compile or reset the job this information will go away.

Kim.

Kim Duke
www.Duke-Consulting.com
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

Kim:

When I tested the jobs, I was seeing the Director screen with all MasterJob's jobs running. It looked like:

MasterJob Compiled
MasterJob.p1 Running
MasterJob.p2 Running
MasterJob.p3 Running
MasterJob.p4 Running
MasterJob.p5 Running

But the field 10 was V0.

I tried with other job, and the field had the same value: "V0".

This is weird for me, isn't it ?

Bye.

Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Guillermo

Thats is what I am saying. I do not know what field the ids are stored in. You will have to figure that out. I do not know what record key they are stored in either. I do not have access to PX. Once you get that figured out then change the field from 10 to whatever and from 'DATA' to whatever. It may be in 'DATA'. You need to find out. According to Ray you are in the right hash file so keep trying.

Kim.

Kim Duke
www.Duke-Consulting.com
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

Kim:

Thank you.

Let me tell you that I have not the Paralell Extender installed. I just have DS 5.2.

I will study the RT_CONFIGnnn table, and then I will post the result.

Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My post may have been misleading. There is a field in RT_CONFIGnn that records the fact that the job is multi-instance-capable, not the actual invocation ID. That would not make sense; RT_CONFIGnn contains information about the run time configuration.
I would expect to find information about the invocation ID in the RT_STATUSnn file and, of course, in records in the RT_LOGnn file.
Right now I am using a machine in an airport lounge (not unusual for a weekend); curiously enough it doesn't have DataStage installed.
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

Hi, Ray and Kim.

Could you tell me which is the key for the RT_STATUSnnn table ?

Thanks in advance.

Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Guillermo

You will need to figure it out. It is probably in JobName followed by a ".". I will try it and see. I showed you how to edit every record in a hash file.

ED RT_STATUS77 *

If nn = 77.

Kim.

Kim Duke
www.Duke-Consulting.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One of the reasons UniVerse was originally chosen as the DataStage engine was that it does not need to have the same structure for every record in a table. RT_STATUSnn takes advantage of this, having different record structures for jobs' records, stages' records and "resource" records. The name of the key column is @ID, which is true (by default) for every UniVerse table. After that you're sailing in uncharted (undocumented) waters!

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Guillermo

Multiple Instances has a '1' in field 59 of the ROOT record in DS_JOBOBJECTS. The key is 'J27ROOT' where 27 is the job number. The invocation records are stored in RT_STATUS27. The invocation id is part of the key. All records which start with JobName '.' InvocationId need to be deleted. Refreshing the Director did not get rid of the invocation job. I had to start a new Director.

The job status is stored in the RT_STATUS file. To figure out which job aborted you will need to use the code I gave you or read these records. The row counts are stored in these records as well.

If you cannot code this then it will cost you a copy of DwNav or DsWebMon.

Kim.

Kim Duke
www.Duke-Consulting.com