DS v6: changes in ORAOCI plug-in

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

luca
Participant

DS v6: changes in ORAOCI plug-in

Post by luca »

Hi there,
I noticed the ORAOCI (8 and 9) plug-in have changed in DS v6.
When I use an ODBC or ORAOCI stage to select data from a table, I always use a parameter for the table owner. In v6, it seems not to be possible anymore to replace the table owner by a parameter (or I haven't found a way to do this yet).
Did other face this problem? Did you solve it?
Thanks.
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi Luca,

you are right the Stage look quite different. But you can still do. We did

Wolfgang Huerter
=====================
Cologne, Germany
luca
Participant

Post by luca »

If you manage to use a parameter for the owner in the ORAOCI stage in v6, I would like to know how ... can you be more specific please?
Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Luca,

It *is* different, but still perfectly doable. Assuming you are not going the User Defined SQL route...

I end up using the 'Column-generated SQL query' option. You do everything after clicking on the 'Build' button. In the 'FROM clause (table name)' section, simple put your parameters and text like 'normal' - #Owner#.Tablename - and you'll be fine.

The 'Fully generated' option brings up a new Query Builder, which I find very cumbersome to use and I believe you are right in that there is no place there to include the Owner as a parameter. Maybe by manipulating the metadata in the Manager? [shrug] Heck if I know. Perhaps it's buried in there somewhere, but I don't think it's worth the effort to uncover it. [}:)]

-craig
luca
Participant

Post by luca »

Thanks craig,
I tried to see what the 'Column-generated SQL query' would give and it's fine, we can replacer the owner name by a parameter with this type of query.
Thanks.
jrvl
Participant

Post by jrvl »

We've just started using OCI9 stage as well, and have found another way - right click on the OCI9 stage and select 'Grid Style'.

This brings up the old-style properties, enabling us to use a parameter for the owner.

Hope this helps,
John.