Converting from Sybase 12.5 to Oracle 9i - on DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

In a previous thread someone was asking about automating ODBC to Oracle conversion and there were no utilities mentioned then. There is unlikely to be anything for the less common Sybase to Oracle conversion. As for building one yourself, since it only takes a couple of minutes to convert a job manually a utility probably isn't cost affective unless you have over 500 jobs to convert.

Vincent McBurney
Data Integration Services
www.intramatix.com
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Swapping from Sybase to Oracle and keeping the same columns is easy, takes about 10 seconds per stage. Copying the settings across takes a bit longer, you've got the stage name, the table name, the login details and any where clauses. I'd open a notepad and place it beside the designer and cut and paste the values from the old stage into notebook, add the new stage, move the links across, delete the old stage then cut and paste the values in. Takes under 2 minutes per job so you should be able to do the lot in just a few hours.

Vincent McBurney
Data Integration Services
www.intramatix.com
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Ricky,

The only thing I can add to what Vincent said, is to make sure you backup your work. Don't make changes on a job that you don't have backed up some way [:)]

Good Luck,
Tony