Pre Compilation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tunde
Participant

Pre Compilation Error

Post by tunde »

Hi all,
I have an installation of Datastage PX 6.0 on my machine and i have been running into a problem.
The problem is, on my parallel Jobs, anytime i place a transformer object in the Job and try to compile the Job, i get a precompilation error. Has anyone run into this problem, if yes how was it resolved.

Thanks

Tunde
MAT
Participant

Post by MAT »

Hi Tunde,

I encountered a similar problem with PX. Are you running AIX? If yes, check your c++ compiler, it needs a patch available from IBM.

check the release note for DS 6.0

HTH

MAT
tunde
Participant

Post by tunde »

MAT,im running on solaris. and the problem is, im the only one its happening to. it is not affecting other developers on the team.

Tunde
MAT
Participant

Post by MAT »

Oookayyyy....

I'm sorry but it's out of my league. I don't know a lot about Solaris. But if someone from your team can compile a job with a transformer on the same server and in the same project...... Then I think your client is the most possible suspect. Have you tried to reinstall the client on your machine. And if it is not the client....then I'm lost.

Sorry I could not help you more.

MAT
bigpoppa
Participant

Post by bigpoppa »

Hi Tunde.

Can you tell us what your error is? Also, what is your runtime PATH and LIBPATH set to?

Thanks,
BP