No rows process through job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Ah, so there is a way to build an index encompassing all the fields that I need (composite index)? I figured that there had to be. I'll dive back into the Universe documentation. Maybe in the meantime someone will post back with the syntax.

Thanks Craig.

Tony
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, if you let your job create the hash and mark the fields you want to be in your 'primary key', it will create the hash with a composite primary key (assuming that is what you want). You can verify that it did what you wanted by doing a LIST DICT HASHNAME in the Administrator and looking at the definition of the @KEY PHrase record.

What I don't have handy is the syntax to create a composite index on non-pk fields, hopefully someone will post it.

-craig

It's been a long week... I'm hoping that I'm thinking correctly with PK = Unique Index for a hashfile like in a RDB. If not, I'm sure Ray or Kim or *someone* will happily point out the error of my ways. [:I]
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

I've lead such a sheltered life. I never knew about the .NOTFOUND thingee. I've always used IsNull() or Not(IsNull()).[:)]

Tony
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The .NOTFOUND status is *fairly* new and was somewhat problematical at first, meaning it didn't always work as advertised. [}:)]

Checking a key field for null or not null (as you noted) was the Original Recipe way of checking lookups and never gave us any problems that I recall. I believe that nowadays the Extra Crispy way works too. By 'works', I mean 100% on all platforms kind of 'works'. [:)]

-craig