MIBS-II

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

MIBS-II

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does anyone have any experience processing MIBS-II data or other network metrics with DataStage?
(MIBS-II is a GUI that sits on top of SAS.)
bigpoppa
Participant

Post by bigpoppa »

Is the data in a SAS dataset? Or is it like a logfile?
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

Hi,

Odd but yesterday I got a request to send SNMP traps using DataStage and I've been looking into it. I'm no expert in networking and I don't know the complexisty involved however I do think that the solution is already out there so - I'm looking for a JAVA solution (We have the JAVA pack), A PERL solution (We have the ClickPack with PERL) , A COM object (We can import it if we're on windows)OR a Shared Library (for unix which is a bit complicated) - I don't believe that there is one in BASIC. The thing is that the net guys are talking in milliseconds and I'm not shure that the direction I'm looking for will be fast enough for them. Except the Unix shared library which I know is linked to the uvsh process (statically/dynamically - I don't know) all the other stuff I mentioned can be a bit too slow[V]. I'll share my knowledge if i'll get something more solid[:)]