Multirow lookup for reference link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Multirow lookup for reference link

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi all.

I'm running DataStage v6.0.1.5.

I am trying to do a multirow lookup and found detailed instructions in both the help file and this forum. I cannot seem to find the "Link Properties" item in the sub-menu for the link. This link is an ODBC stage and is a reference link. When I right-click on the link header, I do NOT see "Link Properties" as the help file suggests. Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How this has done has changed at version 6.0. Looks like the documentation hasn't caught up. [B)]
Open the Transformer stage properties window (the leftmost tool, or right mouse click in the background area). There are tabs for Inputs and Outputs. Find the reference input link among the Inputs, open its properties window, and there you will find the "Reference link with multi-row result set" check box. [:)]

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Yep. There it is.

Thanks, Ray. I appreciate your help.

Tony
inter5566
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by inter5566 »

Ray and Tony,

I was wondering if either of you know of a way to setup a multirow match to a hashed file? We are running DS 5.2 and I can't seem to find the multirow checkbox regardless of what I try.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Steve,

I'm not the expert here, so take what I say with a grain of salt... The help file says that you can use multi-row reference lookup from an ODBC or UniVerse stage. I believe that you can use the UniVerse stage to access a hash file. Am I correct, Ray? If so, you can set up the UniVerse stage to access the hash file (table?) and set it's link properties to multi-row reference as Ray described in a previous post.

Hope I'm right :)

Tony
inter5566
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by inter5566 »

Tony,

Thanks for the tip, I can now see the checkbox....just need to figure out how to get it all to work together.[:D]

Steve