Help with Job Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Help with Job Sequencer

Post by tonystark622 »

I want to read job parameters from a file and set the parameters in a job sequencer activity. Apparently, I don't understand the job sequencer activities, etc enough to do this. I can see that I can run ONE routine and use the return value from the routine to set any job parameter on a job activity. I don't understand how to either 1) return all job parameters from the file and set them in the job activity, or 2) run more than one routine and use return value from each routine to set a job parameter, or 3) some other way to do this that I don't see.

BTW, I have written a batch job to read the job parameters from a flat file and set them in a job, but I was trying to figure out how to do this in a job sequencer job.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I appreciate your help. Can anyone enlighten me as to the error of my ways?

Tony
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Never mind. I think I have it figured out. It wasn't intuitive to me to chain a bunch of Routine activities one after the other (each one returning a different job parameter from a file) to feed the Job Activity. I wanted to put multiple inputs into the job activity and it can only have one.

Thanks,
Tony