Changing a parameter in a running job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

msigal
Participant

Changing a parameter in a running job

Post by msigal »

Is it possible to change a job parameter from the job control code? I can successfully execute the DSSetParam function, err = 0, but the parameter value doesn't change. I want to read in the parameter as it was supplied at runtime, then modify it based on what it is.

Thanks,
Myles
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This has been covered several times in the forum - even yesterday, I believe. [:)]

And the answer is an unqualified - no. If you need to do something like that, look at writing Job Control to do the manipulation and then have it launch the job with the modified parameter values.

-craig
msigal
Participant

Post by msigal »

Really, I searched for something about it in the forum before I posted.[:I]

That's what I figured after checking the help, just wanted to be sure.

Myles
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No worries. It can be hard to find stuff in the archives, as sometimes you can get more than you bargained for and having to wade through it all is a pain.

As an example, this morning I was trying to find references to UNC and nothing I could do would narrow it down to what I wanted - I got sixteen *pages* of 'matches' to look through. Everything from 'unchanged' to 'launched' was matching, when all I really wanted was an exact case match on that discreet word. [sigh]

Good luck! Pop back in if you need more help. [;)]

-craig