Metadata Retrieval Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Metadata Retrieval Problem

Post by shiva459 »

Hi
When i try to retreive the metadata from DB2 i receive the following message.Please clarify on the same.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQLTables): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=42724,CODE=-444,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0444N Routine "SQLTABLES" (specific name "SQL030515054851790") is implemented with code in library or path "...on/SYSIBM.SQLTABLES", function "SYSIBM.SQLTABLES" which cannot be accessed. Reason code: "4". SQLSTATE=42724

Shivakumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is happening when an ODBC stage (or the ODBC mechanism during import of table definitions, which is a "virtual stage") issues a request (via the ODBC function SQLTables() probably) for a list of tables known to the database server. The request is getting through to DB2, which fails to execute it for the reason given.
Interact with your DB2 DBA to find out what this message means, particularly reason code 4, which will explain why the designated function SYSIBM.SQLTABLES cannot be accessed.
This is NOT a DataStage problem. It may be a privileges issue, it may be a DB2 installation issue.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shiva459 »

Thanks for the help.I've sorted out the problem, syscat was missing from the database instance.

Shivakumar