datastage validation problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are a couple of test functions in the ODBC driver directory for the Intersolv drivers, one which tests that the driver manager is correctly installed (your error message suggests that it is), the other that a particular driver can be loaded. There's also an extra step where you have to rebuild for Oracle (again, there are readme files and all necessary tools for doing this).
That's all dredged from ancient memory, but you should be able to track it down on your system. I suspect it's running the rebuild script for the Oracle driver that you need to do.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

There are actually two files that need to be correct in order for your ODBC connection to work. These two files are listed below -

(depending on your version of DS)

.odbc.ini in Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine

and

uvodbc.config in Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine

or

uvodbc.config in each of the project directories.

The difference between the two uvodbc.config files is that the file under each project directory overrides the uvodbc.config in the engine. (this makes it so that you could have a different connection in each project)

The layout of the odbc.ini should be -

[ORACLE] ;* THIS IS THE "DSN"

Driver=/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/../branded_odbc/lib/VMor818.so
Description=DataDirect Oracle
ServerName={your server name}

Your uvodbc.config should look like -

&ltORACLE&gt ;* SAME NAME AS WHAT IS IDENTIFIED IN YOUR .odbc.ini file

DBMSTYPE = ODBC ;* NOTE THE SPACES BEFORE AND AFTER THE "="

That's it.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Michael Hester
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

hi Michael,

as an author of a post you are able to re-edit your post and make any changes you like, even a complete delete of your own post is possible.

Wolfgang
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but < and > are stripped out, unless they are surrounded by space characters. The software assumes they identify tags.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Thank you all! I figured out how to do this and corrected my original post and deleted my subsequent post :-) There is much for me to learn about posting and authoring posts!