Sequential file EOF problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hard to follow exactly what you mean. For example, by "temporary sequential file", are you saying that if you add a SEQ stage between *every* transform, essentially writting all rows to disk and then reading then back in between transforms, then it *works*? [?]

I've seen differences in behaviour between Director and Debugger in the past, but it's been a looong time. What version of DataStage are you running, and what is your platform?

-craig
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's not right... have you contacted Ascential support on this? I also got notified that 6.0.1 has been released, might be worth getting your hands on it to see if it helps.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but your problem sure seems more like a bug than doing something wrong.

-craig
mihai
Participant

Post by mihai »

If you are moving files between operating systems, it may be worth making sure the line terminators are what you expect them to be...

Kind regards,
Mihai

Premium Member

Post by ldesilvio »

Hi,

Try going to the Performance tab in Job Properties of the job. This is the active-to-active link performance section. Make sure you have the following selected:

Enable row buffer

In Process

128kb buffer

I think the reason for your problem is that your going from active-to-active stages with either no row buffering or inter processing. This is why when you "land" the data in intermediate sequential files, it comes out correctly. Anyway, give that a try. I think that will solve the problem

LD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the "omit last new-line" setting (on the Format tab of input link to Sequential File stage) enabled anywhere?
Or, are you sure that there IS a final new-line (at the end of the original input file)?

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518